Grow them long, wear them proud, and for God's sake keep them waxed!

Well its September again and that can only mean one thing - its time to spend a month celebrating your manliness with a bunch of friends, a few strangers, lots of cops, Wilford Brimley and the rest of the mustache loving world.

Everybody is welcome to participate in Mustache Month and even to post comments. Both can be done without getting permission from me. If you want to post an article or be listed on the side under "Proud Participants & Fans" you'll need for me to add you.

WARNING: While growing a mustache will provide you with instant machismo and camaraderie with the 46 other guys with mustaches, its not without risks. The sudden apprearance of a mustache has been know to cause intense jealousy amongst "significant others" as they struggle to deal with the increased attention you'll receive as you strut proudly about with an impecably groomed upper lip accessory.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fishin for Compliments















If the size of a fish is any indication of the strength of a mustache, I believe Andy has much to be worried about.

We've got two weeks to "Mustache-Up" and frankly, I'm a little disappointed in the Seattle participants. We've got Tom's wispy whiskers, my intimidating, meticulously trimmed mustachio/beard combo and Ross' "I've got a meeting on Tuesday" fuzz.

John "The Child Molester" de Carvalho seems to have dropped out of the race - I think I heard something about him not being allowed to the Cub Scout meeting. I am now convinced that Jave, aka "Soul Patch", does not participate because he is terrified of being humiliated by Huskies . . . again. Rounding out the Rainier Groupies is Treavor (aka Vor) - we really aren't sure if he's able to grow one yet, but given the name Vor, one would think it would be magnificent.

Once again Pete is raising the bar for the West Coast participants. It looks like I'll have to break down this year and go a couple of weeks without trimming in order to compete with Pete and his clan.

Happy growing all around.

3 comments:

Ryan "The Big Stachismo" said...

Holy Snikes thats a big fish! It was nice of your buddy to let you hold his fish.

Peter F. said...

Dang straight I'm raising the bar. My father and I plan on being the first ever Father & Son champions!!!! LET IT GROW!!!!

nice fish, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete. I'd love to see my cousin and uncle make history, but I've got a ringer here in Asheville. This might all come down to a Biggy Smalls / Snoopy Doggie Dog war. Pea Gravel has some Stache experience...