Since there were only two of us here in Seattle competing this year (mostly because we seem to work with a bunch of weenies and losers), Adam and I were forced to travel a thousand miles to meet with other like-minded hirsute individuals in Missoula Montana. We got into town at about seven and immediately set out to impress every watering hole in town with our amazing facial hair. We may not have hit every bar, but those we did visit will long tell the tail about the three mysterious mustachioed men who drank all their liquor and shamed all their male patrons. Long after we're gone, children will ask their mothers: "Mommy, tell me again about the time three giant men, with hair like wild beasts, visited your bar and punched out every man and made every woman swoon!"Well, I'll leave that story for others to tell. I'm just here to talk about the scores. It was a hard-fought battle, with the lead changing hands several times over the weekend. During our visit to Red's, we got the vote of not only the only waitress, but a table of women mesmerized by our whiskers. Because the rules clearly state that only waitress votes count, I cannot, in good conscious, include this vote, but it is included here for your edification.
I therefore modestly announce that the winner for the 2008 Mustache Month: Missoula/Seattle division is...ME! Tom Ovendale! Long may I reign!
3 comments:
Interesting that you would choose to ignore the table full of people who resoundingly called my mustache best. Thats the kind of underhanded, unsportsmanlike, dirty, early starting, mustache waxing type of conduct that I can fully support.
Of course, I know the true winning mustache (mine) will be vindicated when the pictures are posted.
Thank you for the compliments!
I hate to point out the obvious, but here goes. My mustache was only graded twice because I couldn't make it to Missoula night one. The two grades I got were 1 pt and then 3 pts. As you can see, as my mustache began to "warm up" the scores became 3X as large. Therefore, if we had stayed out for 3 more bars my mustache scores would have been 9 then 27 then 91, for a grand total of 131, easily placing me first.
Easy, logical math makes me undeniably the winner. Tom and his measley 21.5 point wuss-stache will have to settle for 2nd.
Post a Comment